Regenstrief Institute, IU Health hiring
We’re pleased to pass along this announcement as the IU Health Regenstrief Institute seeks a research manager. Click through the link to find further details and application instructions:
The Research Manager oversees all day-to-day research activities, including the management of resources assigned to the projects, cores, and work groups. Also, manages administrative functions required for successful completion of the projects, and meeting goals of the cores, and work groups.
POSITION ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Related responsibilities include:
- Serves as primary source of information regarding project status and effectively communicates with project personnel, clients, investigators, funding agencies, and research regulatory agencies as necessary to ensure project stays on schedule and is completed on time and to specifications required.
- Supervises assigned research core and work group staff including contributing to hiring process, training, motivating to achieve required results, conducting performance evaluation and supporting ongoing growth and development and/or disciplinary action as required and ensures compliance with Institute policies.
- Provides protocol compliance for assigned projects including but not limited to maintaining accurate and timely records for meetings, site visits, conference calls, evaluation processes, and progress reports required of the IRB and funding agency.
- Oversees auditing of study documents and data to ensure quality and compliance.
- Schedules meetings/site visits and represents project at meetings as the information provider and/or for information gathering.
- Presents data at conferences upon request of the principal investigator.
- Designs and develops research tools, protocols, and questionnaires as directed by the investigator
- Independently writes and edits proposals, presentations, abstracts, lectures, posters, manuscripts, and educational materials
- Actively seeks outs and coordinates training opportunities for all staff as required to continue to grow and develop the program and individual’s ability to contribute to the program.
- Travels to subjects homes as necessary to perform interviews and complete assessments.
- Contributes to the strategic direction of Center work groups and cores.
- Works closely with investigators to develop project plans, takes ownership, and coordinates resources to bring the plans to completion.
- Meets and manages all responsibilities in a timely manner
- Administers budgets
- Independently manages the short term against the long term priorities of assigned research projects.
- Recommends solutions to investigators and leadership to improve processes and project outcomes often involving multiple complexities and multiple entities.
- Independently processes information and makes decisions based on good understanding of results expected with minimal errors.
- Cultivates research partnerships as necessary to move forward the long term strategies of assigned project, core, and work groups.
- Effectively discerns when to seek input from leadership with higher-level decisionmaking.
- Interprets rules, timeliness, specifications, and documentation requirements from the funding agency or client
- Uses creative thinking to design and develop research tools, protocols, and questionnaires at the request of the investigator
- Creates high quality written products including but not limited to grant applications, budgets, research proposals, presentations, abstracts, lectures, posters and manuscripts.
- Initiates and ensures thorough research on topics related to research projects.
- Plans high profile retreats, educational meetings, and conferences
- Applies creativity to strategic planning including applications beyond the usual boundaries.
- Provides information to and seeks input and feedback from team members, leadership, and service center staff (such as, data management, IT, HR, Finance) in order to improve individual work activities especially as it relates to the strategic direction of assigned research projects, cores and work groups.
- Independently seeks opportunities to effectively interface with new external research partners and service providers as well as develop ongoing long term mutually beneficial relationships with existing partners and service providers.
- Assumes direct or indirect supervisory responsibilities for research personnel